Spring 2022 Virtual Follow-Up Session: Unipolar/Bipolar Depression Simulation
Virtual Live Training
This intensive training program enhances primary care clinicians’ skills to assess, treat and manage common mental health concerns in children and youth. This program includes the 1 ½ day training and six follow-up sessions and is presented by Project TEACH’s team of child and adolescent psychiatrists and pediatricians.
Project TEACH is funded by the New York State Office of Mental Health and all services and events, such as this intensive training, are offered at no-cost to clinicians in New York State.
- Trauma-Informed Care: This Intensive Training module addresses how to screen for and treat trauma in children and adolescents.
- Depression: This Intensive Training module addresses how to screen for and treat pediatric depression.
- Anxiety: This Intensive Training module addresses how to screen for and treat pediatric anxiety.
- ADHD: This Intensive Training module addresses how to assess and treat ADHD, including adherence to treatment options.
- Bipolar Disorder: This Intensive Training module addresses how to screen for and treat pediatric bipolar disorder.
New York State primary care and family practice physicians, pediatricians, psychiatrists, psychologists, nursing professionals, social workers, residents, and other mental health, primary care, and pediatric clinicians.
At the conclusion of this program, learners will be able to:
- Recognize the presentation, diagnosis, comorbidity, neurobiology, and current treatment options available for individuals with ADHD.
- Assess depression in youth, and evaluate the treatment options for children and adolescents, including an assessment of the black box warning for SSRIs.
- Differentiate common anxiety disorders and describe their assessments and treatment.
- Recognize the behaviors resulting from trauma that require treatment, and evaluate the treatment options for children and adolescents.
- Define pediatric bipolar disorder, and provide examples of effective evidence-based therapies
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Participation